sufficient-unto-this-day

Friday, August 24, 2007

A poem

2.
Me-Factor ©

In the heart of matter I was
E’en before the worlds began:
How can I not know
Adam’s fall from grace
Or redemption to follow?
I was there ‘n the tree of life
And the forbidden fruit
(Free from blame and sorrow).
Just the same his darkling lot
Was mine too. While death came
For the son of God,
A change of residence found
Me, as exalted or down- trodden
Thro’ the lineage of man:
I’m the bard’s tongue and the point
Of an assassin’s knife.
I am the wound and the healing;
I am the isle and the sea of change;
So much so I am found,
In all things large or small-
Where worlds begin or end
In impulses long drawn out,
I merely seek, and lo, my place
Is for taking!

benny

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM , Blogger Shanta said...

That was a lovely poem!. BTW, I enjoyed the pictures of the Cheetahs also. I could see the muscular power in their springing motion! Excellent picture of the sunset too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home