sufficient-unto-this-day

Friday, December 01, 2006

Spare The Rod And..

My father believed in the writ of the Scriptures to the letter and as a result I have been in my time slapped left and right for reasons unknown to me in some cases; I still would say on such occasions however random and isolated, he was letting out his adult-size frustrations on the greenness of the child. But then as now I have never felt doubt of his concern or love. Why should it be so? Is it because a child has an intuitive feel of such things? I do not know.
In school also I have had my share of punishment. Of course I always learnt to get over it with an observation, “ Teachers are there to use the cane but I must take my chances as best as I can.”
P.S Spare the rod and spoil the child it is said. How come I am still spoiled,- by old age?
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home