sufficient-unto-this-day

Monday, November 27, 2006

Once In The Old West

A horse thief in the Old West was brought before the Indian Chief who was willing to give him a fair trial. But the wily old thief would have none of that.
“Look here Chief. Don’t gimme Me- Big- Chief-stuff.’ You might have found me with wrong packhorse and the goods. O.K, so what? The nag that I rode yesterday found me her friend and would not carry me a step further without her. So I said, ‘Well Rosie, when the Judge hauls me up for stealing you can give account of the five pounds weight of silver and gold cigarette case as well. What friends you choose are your own affair. I am clean.’
Turning to the Chief he said: ”You can ask her yourself”.
The Chief gravely heard him out and said: ”Our departed Spirit of the Plains taught us that Coyotes smell the breath of mountain pines and tell Truth... Don’t ask me how, Paleface, It is also said ‘If Mustangs smell the breath of him who speaks with a forked tongue and tells Truth, let the Wise One decide.’
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home