sufficient-unto-this-day

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Playing By The Ear

When I was a child, monk Anselm used to tell me that I ought to help my father in his work. "I am but a child" said I," I, master Twaddle intend to enjoy my childhood!"
It so happened that my father died all of a sudden and I had to step into his shoes and keep the family together.
Later Monk Anselmo wanted me to take up a higher calling." Master Twaddle, be a preacher. You shall have reward in heaven." said he. But I refused saying with my name I was sure to make a poor preacher. He had to agree in the end it was indeed so.
Life throws up surprises so no man can sit back plumbing the depths of his intellect. We all are apprentices to life and we make sense of it on our feet. As we go along we make mistakes and try to make the best of our bad job and maximize the gains. Since we are not complete or perfect the only way to such matters as Religion is this:" I could be wrong." So let us treat such matters beyond our ken with the spirit of scepticism. It is healthier and safer for our species. Only a fool will want to cut the throat of another merely because his Allah is called by another name by 'pigs and apes.' Such misguided fellows require our sympathy. Perhaps they may improve from example and experience. So instead paying 'an eye for an eye or tooth for tooth,' let us be charitable.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home