sufficient-unto-this-day

Sunday, January 13, 2008

See No Evil etc.,

One day I saw a man about to make a hole in a river right across my front yard. I closed my eyes and said,” I see no evil.”
Later in the day I heard an altercation going on across the lane; two fellows argued about their gods till a mob came there in support of one. They were there to let a river of blood flow for their religion; they said it was so divine that any insult could only be washed in blood. So they threatened and I dared not speak up. While another mob equally hellbent for mayhem headed to the spot I could have called the police. The phone was right in front. But I said “ I speak no evil.”
I did nothing.
Then came the scream and fire. Rows of houses in the neighborhood went up in flames. So much of noise they made. I saw the mob on a rampage and they were heading towards me.
I had no religion and I was nothing. But the violence had taken an ugly shape that spared nothing.
“ Oh save me!” I ran in circles and begged some who were in the neighborhood. They replied,” We hear no evil.”
benny

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home