sufficient-unto-this-day

Saturday, August 04, 2007

W12 D4 -untitled

Premise #3
Where First Cause allows freedom of action among life forms collectively (or as individuals), and how one species lose out or another gain would still serve its purpose: doesn’t the trade off among species create pool of experience for future? With such a support system made secure by events fortuitous or calamitous for some the Cause is served.
But does it serve my needs as a human being given my time and place?
What we call Free Will in the vocabulary of First Cause is called Unity of Life. (or Oneness of Things as I have used the term in my posts all along.)
Is God, the First Cause?
While I as a Christian Freethinker would opt for the first I must also own up it is clouded by my subjective standpoint. I cannot go against my childhood influences; nor do I wish to prove my parents were at fault for their beliefs.
Why must I bother to prove them wrong in the face of the unknowable?
Hence the Problem of Being, vis -a-vis my personal beliefs.
As a Christian freethinker I also attend my local church and feel good about it. Is it possible? A Christian fellowship serves my emotional needs since I am continuing what my father had in his day done perhaps with more resolve and simpler faith. As an orphan fighting his way up against many odds his faith served him well. But for me well, I am what I am. So I shall fulfil my role as a Christian in honor of my past and for the satisfaction of being part of a larger group where we may worship together or do some good works for the needy.
2.
What made some two and a half billion years ago, mitochondria a free living bacteria and a single cell pool their resources? Mitochondria is known as the nature’s power house. Defining its context within a cell had great significance for rise of life on earth. The mitochondria can be seen in the tail of a sperm which under the laser will glow bright as the sun. This powerhouse is packed into every cell of a life form. Where does the power of Mitochondria derive from? Is it not oxygen which supplies energy that we need? Oxygen is corrosive at the same time. To see its lethal power one only need to study the effect it has on a piece of iron left in the air. In no time it becomes rusty. It is oxygen that is the cause. If oxygen does that to iron what it could do to our body? Oxygen makes living possible as well as carry within what seems life abundant the very seeds for its destruction. Can these two opposites coexist? In context of Oneness or unity of Life, yes. Like chance and certainty a life form is part of Oneness to draw from chance its wherewithal to develop.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home