sufficient-unto-this-day

Friday, July 20, 2007

W10 D6- Accidental Tourists, We

A Dog’s Life ©
One Hatshephut from galaxy CTA #769 ran out of fuel and where did it land? It landed right on Pensacola Dr. and on my neighbor’s garden. It was morning and the place just about starting up. Having got out of its spacecraft all in one piece it came and stood by the curb. It wondered seeing houses all in a row with well manicured lawns in front and fences, it came to life. I am a late sleeper so I was just about to hit the sack when I saw H. Hatsheputs as our canine folklore goes have some weird ideas. One of which from my direct experience must be like running out of gas while flying over Pensacola Drive.
Wowieee! I just found I could sort of understand it. Well, sleep could wait. I just smelled something exciting in the trail it left and Hatshephut saw me coming out wagging my tail. It just stood checking me out. It sort of clicked that I meant no harm. So it watched my neighbor walking his dog out. Hatshephut followed and when it saw the dog peeing in front of a bush it exclaimed, ” Just like back home!”
It must have struck the strange creature so hard that it came closer to say in a series of yells and growls that I could somewhat follow,” Back where I come form we speak to our chief just as it did.’
The accidental tourist did a somersault and asked conversationally, “Is it by any chance a Hatshephutian?”
“ No, a Labrador.”
“Whom it was talking to?”
“Nothing particular.” I replied wagging my tail.
” Ah in that case it must be beating about the bush.” After much prodding it explained, “ We Hateshephutians beat about the bush just like your Labrador but we let the chief get it, - every drop of it, between the eyes. Otherwise our chief may not quite follow our thoughts.”
He asked before he flew off,” What is your handle?”
“ Abram Heinz,” I said rather proudly,” Father of nations and there must be some 70 strains of mutts that owe to me.”
2.
National Research Council recently published “ The Limits of Organic Life in Planetary Systems” and has concluded that other forms of life different from those on earth are possible. Starfish, sequoias, salamanders and the rest of the earth’s residents are all surprisingly similar on the molecular scale.
Our senses of values are merely relevant to our planet.
Look at a nautilus shell and how it builds its shell is on the basis of self- similarity of matter. At first it makes a chamber filled with gas that shall act as buoy and goes on building series of chambers on the preceding one and so on. The first and the last chamber may show more variance than two adjoining chambers. Similarly we may assume values of a planet closer to our planet shall formulate values closer to us than one on the farthest reach of Cosmos.
(If we consider our universe we may as well consider multiverse also as a possibility. Of this point I shall come back later.)
We have our concept of truth and values that only explain our human condition. Similarly weird life forms also shall have their own values. Truth as we understand the term must be where all the values in multiverse agree. Is it a mathematical point; or is it Pure Spirit or Throne of Grace? Oneness of Things or God? Whatever any one may say about it shall remain inconclusive. We are speaking from our middle state, aren’t we?
Benny

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home