sufficient-unto-this-day

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

W9 D5 Our Middle State

In the Royal Prison ©
Young Joseph was put in a prison where he was the only commoner. He was accused of offending Potiphar’s wife who had him put there. He already knew how to interpret dreams somewhat but a fellow prisoner by name Seth the servant of Thoth befriended him and assured him he could profit from him. One morning he said: “The sacred Ibis flew last night to my pillow while I took a peek as the dreams-book was opened (I mean REM phase); and what curious symbols I saw there!”
“ Can you interpret them?” Joseph asked eagerly.
“ Thoth was a bit peeved that I perused the book unasked.” He explained how the sacred bird relented since he loved all those who loved wisdom. “I asked for meaning and Thoth says,’ What didn’t you take it when I explained while you were asleep."
”But I asked Thoth,’Have mercy, how am I to remember what was given in my sleep?’ “
The older man explained to the Israelite,” As soon as I am awake I can only think of eating something bellyful. The prison fare is unpalatable, wish I had a plate of cucumber salad.”
Days later young Joseph asked what was he there for. He replied that Potiphar’s wife commanded him to lay with her.” How could I have refused her? Playing hard to get at with women of such power and fickle mind always ends in tragedy. I submitted to her rather than make a fuss about it.”
Yes, Joseph could understand it. He persisted in his queries.” How come then you are here?”
” Not by Potiphar’s wife! But Potiphar! He caught us in a very compromising situation!”
He moped his forehead,” She talked her way out of it. I’m not his wife. So I was left take the rap!”
2.
We are of middle state. We see dreams but our conscious state drives us to seek what is clear as day. (So Thoth merely draws his wisdom in water and the servant of Thoth must make up his own meaning that may be a hit or miss.)
How Joseph resisted the wiles of Potiphar’s wife or another gave in do not mean much. Law throws the book just the same where innocents as well as the guilty are sometimes lumped together. Do we not see gross miscarriage of justice even this day?
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home