sufficient-unto-this-day

Monday, May 08, 2006

in his best interests

The old teacher of Jai Paramartha came to him one day and said: “How is your standing with the king?”
“Good.”
“Then why don’t you run an errand for me?” the teacher asked him. “I want you to recommend me for the post of tutor for royal children.” The master said, ”the king will surely oblige you.”
“No master.” The old pupil excused himself. When asked for the reason he replied, ”Conflict of interests.” Jai Paramartha added,” I was hoping to fill that post myself.”
“Why would you need a job which fits me nicely?”
“Because I have aged parents and a few others to support.” Jai Paramartha said firmly.
Self represents what is the best in a man to the visible world. The mystic is after Truth but he must pass his apprenticeship first. Self requires him to fulfill his obligations to those around him without which he cannot be called mature or sensible.
* Self is the starting point as eternity is begun with managing seconds, hours, days and months.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home