sufficient-unto-this-day

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

On Suffering

How we perceive a thing to be and how we realize it are entirely two different things. There is a wide chasm between the two. As mortal beings we shall never translate exactly what the soul reveals to us: soul reveals to us Truth and our Mind, given its rational coloring interprets into an anthropomorphic form or Nature in symbols.
That shortfall of our actions to set it down truthfully must sow in us the seeds of suffering.
Life, as with Happiness is beyond circumstances. It has no dimension. But life in you and me require a context in order to justify a conduct. For example when I say I love there must be an object.
I love God. How can I love truthfully something that I cannot put my finger upon, literally? As St. John writes how can we taste love of God or express it except in our context of fellow men? (1 Jn 3:17). Our love isn't perfect and it must ride into the wind of changes: our love may fade and sickness and death sour our spirit and faith. We in ourselves suffer and also spread it. Yet love can be taken to higher grounds. But how? Not by withdrawing into your shell.
Practising detachment in the face of suffering is to give it more mileage than necessary.
benny

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home