sufficient-unto-this-day

Monday, February 25, 2008

Faith, Truth And Other Matters

As a practising Christian what I believe of life after life is my own. After all if I didn’t believe in a life beyond I shall be making a mockery of my faith and Truth. (When I read the Scriptures I read it for my edification. Never have I felt any opinion of others however high and accepted by every one else should be allowed to come in between my God and myself.)
We read in the gospels how Jesus didn’t condemn the woman taken in adultery. Was he condoning her act? No. He exemplified Life and he could therefore understand the compulsions, or her lust for life (whatever her motives were) while her accusers could only see from a narrow range of their supposedly righteousness according to Law. Does Law express what is everything to be said of a life? It only touches man or woman superficially. Life is much more: it redeems every life form from circumstances that the life on earth circumscribes.
Tailpiece: Truth is the only scale on which actions or errors of our ways can be quantified.
Whatever we as finite beings speak of Truth in Absolute terms shall be less than what it really is.
benny

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home