sufficient-unto-this-day

Friday, February 22, 2008

The Moral Imperative

Pragmatism as I stated in the previous post is a compromise to succeed. Any one who wants to succeed at whatever cost it is a seductive proposition. The classic example of it is the keystone of Bolshevik ideology: the end justifies the means. From the fate of Soviet bloc we know that even such a method cannot guarantee success for long. Let us turn our attention from movements on a large scale to the individual. If I cannot succeed without turning opportunities to my advantage what use is my moral sense?
Am I not justified to let adrift my moral imperatives to succeed in a cutthroat world?
Alas, I have no such luxury to escape Truth no matter what value I may attach to it for all intents and purpose.
Truth is the bulwark that keeps all life forms secure for all time to come. It is the only touchstone for my life to separate my identity or soul from those of others. Truth of nature, of experience and that of action are building blocks for all time.
I may fail here and now as St. Thomas in the apocryphal story. But I can always vindicate my life in supplying some other in another time and place. So do I take the easy way out and lose my soul or strive to save it from every contamination of this world?
There is no time out from my soul imperative: my character
benny

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home