sufficient-unto-this-day

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Just Passing Thru

W1 Day 4
If all life forms as well as celestial bodies are evolved out of interstellar gases and dust do we have a specific centre? In order to understand this question I shall give an analogy from my background: my father being a career banker was constantly shifted from place to place. As he made a name for himself the places where he was sent also became more important. At the end of his career he held a rather vital position, and we lived in a big city with all the perks that my father could command.
Because of such disruption in the lives my sisters, brothers and myself I do not have any emotional attachment to the town where I incidentally came to be born. Neither do I have any particular bond with other places where I did schooling and made friends. Because of the nomadic existence I had no difficulty when I went to the Netherlands in 1997. Holland was more like a stopover as India was. If India and the Netherlands are alien places do I feel myself at home anywhere? Yes, where I have made my home at any given moment.
We may be terrestrial creatures yet our parts are strewn all over Cosmos.
2.
Every element in our body has been a wanderer among clouds of interstellar gas, and having come together by some sort of an arrangement should we not have been equally at home in cosmos as well?
To all intents and purpose we consider the earth as our home and millennia of living here has shut out much of our cosmic ancestry; and in compensation we have acquired an ability to live on the earth. This truth is brought home when we try to travel in space.
Can we just pack up and go as we do here on earth, on a lark?
Tailpiece: Regarding that specific centre that defines my cosmic ancestry we all are unique whether we are identical twins or not. You cannot occupy my point; neither can I occupy yours. It is shown in the subtle differences of our viewpoints and personalities.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home