sufficient-unto-this-day

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Credo For The Middle-of-the-roader

One of the bloggers wrote thus:
Benny, interesting thoughts on your blog. Since you are a Christian and you seem to talk about science a lot there, how old do you think the earth is and do you believe in evolution?
27 April, 2006 08:10
Sorry I didn't come to this site (since making my comment) and let me tell you as a freethinking Christian I do believe in God and evolution. Only that God is not as popular believers subscribe to any person but a principle. As made up of matter you have got to believe in your own existence at least. If you didn't have faculty for abstract thinking you would not be a man. How can you call yourself man or cabbage unless you give it a name? As freethinking, and partial to abstractions I hold God as the ultimate principle towards which I hope to arrive. When or how I do not know. But unless we are willing to make a go of it or give our best shot we do not justify our position among our kind as wise ones or homo sapiens. With regards to age of the earth you can get a more accurate answer from wikipedia.
Wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year.
benny
05 January, 2007 07:15
Since we are middle of the roaders all,- and blind too( no one has seen in what he/she thinks is God), I must confess Christian as a label I can wear without any hang-up. My father was, as his forefathers were, a pracising Christian and I can appreciate his Christian side. So I take pride of being one. Freethinking is my conscious choice from where I may look at God. If I did not show that independent spirit I will not be justifying those influences, which shaped me what I am today.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home