sufficient-unto-this-day

Monday, July 24, 2006

w-5day6

Each of us lives in two different layers of time. Even as I type these, back of me, my past peers over it and its accumulated weight I cannot refuse. Experience of my race holds before me certain route map by which I may define what is life all about. From what direct evidences I have, thought not much I dare to say my conclusion about the meaning of life is pretty sound. Sitting athwart two variable speeds of time NOW and infinite time I know much more than what my finite life would indicate.
Why time flies? Because I cannot do anything of Past while Future is in danger of going the same way.
2.
Lord Shiva according to Hindu mythology is one aspect of trimurthy or trinity. Lord of Destruction. All he needs to do is to open his third eye and fire spews forth to consume whatever has angered the godhead. Acharya Sakunya made sacrifices to Lord Shiva and he came down to the spot where Acharya stood. “Oh Lord I will ask of you a boon.” Acharya wanted the god to destroy all those who slighted him. Lord Shiva agreed. “I am so pleased and you just whisper my name and the person whom you want to get rid of.” Acharya wanted to know which direction he should turn to before he made his request. Lord Shiva replied, “I am everywhere. All you need to do is catch my ear and it is done!” Soon after Acharya asked Siva to destroy a rival who had made little of his person. Nothing happened. He asked the god crossly, “I ask you a favor and you don’t do it. Why?” Lord Shiva replied that he was on an errand. Another time he made yet another request. As before nothing happened. Acharya must have asked the lord some ten times and each time Shiva made his excuses and at last Acharya was annoyed and asked, ”What is the use of your being the consuming fire?” And he added,”You say you are everywhere. Oh of what use is that?”
Lord Shiva said,” I am everywhere but when I open my eye I am nowhere.”
Infinite time works somewhat similar in life forms. Every absolute value like Time, Space, Truth undergoes distortion.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home