sufficient-unto-this-day

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Slice Of Life

If our truth can only be an approximation of Truth, which is absolute is there any safe method by which we may be true most of the time?
2.
I was the Benjamin to my father. Being brought up in a Christian family my personal God has a form so distinct from any other. Just as my view of the world has its own signature distinct from those of my brothers or sisters. Be that as it may my religious essence is validated because I have a life to live. Others can only make any sense out of me from my actions. So it makes sense if I make truth of action of paramount importance. Doesn’t it? So I shall hitch my truth (of actions) to Truth.
Truth has for me a well-defined face and I call it God. Being brought up in a Christian family such an idea holds meaning to me. As an artist if that face should resemble that of Michaelangelo’s God ( Creation of Adam) who shall take me to task? But to all intents and purpose being connected to a painting would not help me in my actions. These should fall or stand for the very truth it holds in relation to the whole.
Decades ago one night I got up with a start from my sleep, struck by the verse with which Moses blessed Benjamin. (I was already familiar with it I must mention here.) It is as follows: “The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by him; and the Lord shall cover all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders.”(Deut 33:12) How does one dwell between God’s shoulders? I knew from this who held me in place. The apparent reason for such a mysterious revelation made sense only years later. By that period I had outgrown in my thinking of a Personal God and duly unchurched myself. And when the crisis would strike at me I could escape because of the single article of faith. I was in the plan of God: no matter if it was called God or Motion that keep Cosmos pulsating,- Oneness of Things as I might aver now. What impacted me in such inexplicable manner long ago had like iron entered into my soul.
Thanks to my faith in my place in the scheme of things when the trouble erupted I could ‘with the wings of a dove’ find refuge in love of a woman and my life has never been the same since.
Highlight of my life is in the lowlands’as I would tell my youngest sister after I had found my feet in Holland. Because the revelation from a verse in the Bible and actual event show a lapse of time do I discount my experience as nothing? Before Truth absolute there is no time or space. My faith was all that mattered.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home