sufficient-unto-this-day

Monday, May 28, 2007

News Of The Day

The Times We Live In
I came across the following news.
Quote:

I Lost my Son to a Conflict I oppose. We Were Both Doing Our Duty

By Andrew J. Bacevich
Special to The Washington Post

Parents who lose children, whether through accident or illness, inevitably wonder what they could have done to prevent their loss. When my son was killed in Iraq earlier this month at age 27, I found myself pondering my responsibility for his death.
Unquote.
Who can ever say in good conscience, as a law- abiding citizen, father, mother or as a brother that one is completely free from blame? Our own governments, which are our creatures, savage us all and their pomp and circumstance have all been supplied at our cost and bother. In our vote and in our allegiance to the policies they set forth in the back rooms and in secrecy we are all committed. We also have been hoodwinked in the process by being called ( by those who stood to gain by our civic sense of duty) to a higher calling and make the ultimate sacrifice for the country that they have sold down the river for some paltry pecuniary advantage.
We are all guilty in varying degrees to the complicity of perpetuating Causes that can only work against our own interests in the long run.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home