sufficient-unto-this-day

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Use Of A Dead Watch

As a mortal being Time can only make sense to me because I have a heart that beats: with that tempo I can grade Time an abstract concept, to serve my purpose.
I have a watch, analogous by which I mean the good old watch with hands indicating hours, minutes, and seconds. It had served me well over the years, yet I know that despite the hands scrupulously doing their set tasks they tell me a lie. I believe in that lie because it suits me. Such was the case while the watch worked.
My watch is now dead due to some mechanical fault. Though the hands are still I find it still useful: twice a day it shows the right time, or it is in agreement with other watches.
benny
(From Fablescape)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home