sufficient-unto-this-day

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

On Angels

Interesting that you write about angels. I haven't seen angels as I imagined them to be from my Sunday school days. I can’t say I care to look for them given my preocupations with mundane matters on hand.

You do not believe in God. I donot believe in the kind I was made to believe when a child. It doesn't bother me if God for me is something else, an ultimate standard to live up to. It is a state of being while we are on this state of being having to wash our faces and shave, worse still keep a deadline and collect our paychecks and do grocery etc.,

Angels are God's messengers so says the Psalmist. You and I are alike messenges in a sense. We do often acts of kindness without intending to. Sometimes we do consciously too. I believe in angels -whoever does some good so another may pick oneself and go about his or her business with a song in his/her heart is an angel. Can we cheer up others when they are blue? In my case I have been cheered up. So I believe it is possible. Similarly I hold that a word or an example can shape the direction of another and work great changes in his/her life. We may have never anticipated or intended it. Still such changes are possible. Ah angels we think of them as guardian angels. It is more apt to say they guard nothing while we are building them. What we don't know well we can always bring to life in the way we give a form. Angels must be something of that kind.
benny
(This is a comment I left on a journal yesterday. Expanded and revised.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home