sufficient-unto-this-day

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

12 Days Before Christmas

Master Crapper was telling me of a new game called Up ‘n Down Wishlist. He narrated how his parents made up all their differences at the end of the game. “ Would you believe my mother had on her hot list, my father’s name?”
“But your father had his hunting rifle on his list?”
Master Crapper replied,” No such thing!. To their surpise both had each other’s name on the Hot list.”
Next year I had to tell how my parents played the same parlor game.
“ My mother had him on the Hot list.” I said rather moodily.
“ What did your father go for?”
“ His drinking horn.! Would you believe it?” I said with some heat. “ Because it was the day before Christmas my mother said she forgave him.”
Later in the evening we were certain that when we grew up we would peek into our wive’s list lest we be caught on the wrong foot.
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home