sufficient-unto-this-day

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

week-30

To break a man give him some work, which will serve no useful purpose.
Tailpiece: Big Brother who ran his mega empire from one of those skyscrapers in New York called his little brother, a dirt farmer and gave him a job. “I hate to see dirt under your nails, brother,” was the reason his Big Brother gave him. He demurred. “I cannot see you scratch for a living and for such measly poor returns.” It hit a raw nerve.
“But I feed my family and I care for them.” His Big Brother thought it was a poor excuse. He promised to keep his family live in very comfortable circumstances. He had no more excuses. After saying good-bye to all he moved the city.
Big Brother made him run his empire. Everyday he thought of excuses to keep his brother busy and with each day these became curioser. The younger brother knew he was wasting his time. But his fraternal love doggedly kept him to the post.
Months passed and years took its toll. The first one to come crashing was Big Brother who ranted and raved while rolling on the floor. He cried out to his brother, “I cannot think of anymore excuses to keep you occupied!” His personal physician insisted he keep quiet.
In the end he said, “ I am dying because I loved my brother too well!” His younger brother who was present murmured into his ears, “I died the day you made me come here.”
Tailpiece: Am I my brother’s keeper?
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home