sufficient-unto-this-day

Saturday, September 30, 2006

time out

Wages
Humorist Alphonse Allais once went to collect his paycheck from the newspaper he wrote for.” I would like my wage.” He said to the cashier.
“Tut, tut, Mr. Allais,” remarked the cashier,” surely you know the correct word is wages?”
“Well,” replied Mr. Allais,” for such a small amount I didn’ t think it necessary to use the plural.”
2.
During the question period following a lecture the poet Ogden Nash was asked,” How do you know when you have written something that is succesful?”
Quickly came the reply,” When I get a check from the editor.”
3.
“How can I ever show my appreciation?” gushed a woman to Clarence Darrow after he had solved her legal troubles.
“My dear,” replied the legal luninary,” ever since the Phoenicians invented money there has been only one answer to that question.”
benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home