sufficient-unto-this-day

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Notice

In the coming posts I shall explain some of the fundamental theological concepts like sin, redemption, resurrection etc., As a Christian my faith has its own reasons, partly inherited and some enlarged upon life experience and its validity is non negotiable or something for laying it in public view. My religion is as Jefferson asserted, solely a matter between my God and myself. Since I believe in the inspiration of Holy Spirit I ascribe my philosophical stand as merely a view of my profession from another vantage point. I never found a cogent reason despite of a secular mantle I had put on to question the wisdom and power of God. For example when I described His godhead as Oneness of Things or Life I held a secular position. In defining His absolute nature as Truth it was as though God the Lord of Hosts in the Scriptures had come into His own as far as I am concerned. By the same token I hold the historical Jesus or his example as Truth expressed in human terms:Love.
If one views the Holy Bible as inerrant every word has its own place and validity. Merely because its veracity in the light of our rational thought or earthly experience cannot be proved, will not mean the book is like curate’s egg good in parts. Here is then another difficulty for those who use the Bible to create or continue divisions in the One and Holy Church or use their religion to score points in the secular world. In short whoever uses the Bible, like with any double-edged sword needs to handle the Word carefully.
benny

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home