sufficient-unto-this-day

Thursday, November 22, 2007

On Happiness

Nature as manifestation of Life: abiogenesis, the question of the origin of life, is the study of how life on Earth might have emerged from non-life. Let us for a moment forget about various hypotheses that have been put forward. I am a layman seeking answers to the question: why am I here on the earth? What is the compelling reason that I said ‘yea’ to life though experience of living among the living show that I shall also die like my parents before me? Shouldn’t that be a downer for me?
The hold of life on each living creature is far stronger than fear. Happiness is what gives it extra strength to follow life through thick and thin. It is the very stuff of Life.
Death has been everpresent yet life triumphed every hour of my life. In my very bones I still know the slow contagion of death works. I also know it is natural.
Nature made me, young that I was, to say ‘yea’ to life. Having grown older I haven’t found any reason to go against natural processes of ageing or death. Nature as manifestation of Life has also given me a somewhat better understanding of my life: Life shall however remain unchanged no matter how I may negotiate with non-being over all that baggage I carry about me.
Happiness outwears life.
benny
Let me wish my readers wherever you are, happy Thanksgiving holidays.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home