sufficient-unto-this-day

Thursday, November 08, 2007

After The Fall

Adam had a shock of his life to know he was naked. “It is something that I ate, I am sure.” He said and he quickly went over to his ‘helpmeet’ and to his amazement she was also naked!
“ Must you embarrass me?” he blurted out.
He bawled his head off telling Eve to be modest. She didn’t think she was immodest. He knew she was because he was always right since God created him first. “ I have the preeminence in all things.”
At that moment he was busy thinking up designing his wardrobe. Adam waxed eloquent at the whole array of dresses he could now design for himself. If he were first in all things his dress must show him to advantage. He quickly sketched a headpiece and robes complete with breastplate. Eve saw him so much lost in details and thought her man was fantastic. “ What imagination and what singleness of purpose!” She loved him all the more despite his odd habit of ‘’I-told-you-so’. When he was done she had one question: “ You made a breastplate and divided into 12 sections. “Why twelve?”
“ I could explain but it may not make sense to you.” Said he.
Of course he had conceived it all in his mind and sketched the dress down to its minutest detail.
Alas, he never got around to use.
Why? God thought Adam was better dressed in a lambskin that was simpler. All he needed if he ever was in want of a change of skins was a sheep. There were plenty of livestock around. He however left the final decision to Adam and Eve.
Eve insisted, “ Don’t be woollyheaded Adam. The dress you designed is too complex and you would need skills that do not exist.”
Adam was shocked and before he could snub her she said, “ Look around. Angels are clothed with fire and God Himself wraps about him with clouds.”
Adam had to agree, ‘If God could be dressed so simple so could I.’
But he muttered saying, “ I bet my design was faultless.”
Tailpiece: In the desert of Sinai God explained to Moses the dress he had in mind for the office of the High Priest. Uncannily the design was exactly the same as the one Adam had earlier conceived. So Adam had taken a pattern from the Mind of God. If he were the Son of God it was quiet natural. This is what Imagination would mean. More on this topic in my next post.
benny

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 9:21 PM , Blogger Kathy Trejo said...

Hello Benny

This is good. :) Why twelve? I think i read somewhere that the 12 represent the 12 months or the birthstones of peoples birthdays. your post made me laugh :)...you know i always wondered about shower curtains, here we have 12 rings that hold up our shower curtains LOL I've aways wondered why 12? why not 10 :-D

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger benny said...

Why 12? According to some Bible scholars, which I think makes sense if you come to think of it,-was that the High Priest bears the omissions and commissions- sins of Israelites as he performs the office of an intercessor. Each tribe's name is engraved on a stone which is significant. That stone is supposed to represent the character of the tribe.
My post intended to show how uncannily our imagination may touch the mysteries as though already existing.'God' being Omniscient and Omnipotent must know the fall and his alternatives (in order to set him back on his way.)
Ultimately the question arises: What is God? Alas each has his/her own concept.
benny

 
At 2:02 AM , Blogger Kathy Trejo said...

Benny

Thanks for your response...i was happy to learn that about the tribes
and what the stones represented. Do you happen to know what the names of each tribe might be? (so much i don't know) I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Kathy

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger benny said...

According to the Hebraic tradition these 12 tribes are the descendants of Jacob. Each tribe after the sons of the Patriarch. Rueben, Simeon. Levi Joseph and finally Benjamin.
Each stone representing the tribe has some significant: it is however open to debate since each 'scholar' will have his own interpretation .For example, in the The Book of Revelation the Holy City is said to have 12 foundations each with a specific stone.
I do not think it would be to the point by going into it here.
I appreciate that you found my post and the comment useful.
Hugs,
benny

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger benny said...

correction: Re 2nd para, the line, 'Each stone representing .....' read as ' Each stone representing each tribe has some significance.'
benny

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Kathy Trejo said...

fascinating stuff. I've always wondered about this in the back of my mind when reading the bible. I haven't read the bible in quite awhile...except when bloggers refer me to it. Interesting to learn what it all means. I thank you much for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with me.

(((Hugs to you)))

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger benny said...

Hi Kathy,
There are many gems hidden in the Bible that we were never told. Organized churches want us to see only what they want us to see. We as a result miss so many lovely vistas. Preachers are no better. The scholar has his own agenda.So let me suggest: read as a collection of great many minds under inspiration( with faults as well) and as a chronicle of a nation rise and its fall.
Finally even when you read the Book, in order to get the best of it, keep your head on your shoulders.
Happy reading,
benny

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger Kathy Trejo said...

yes I agree, lots of gems hidden in the bible. I was raised in the organized Jehovah Witness religion (not sure if it is a religion or cult) since the age of 4 years old...they came knocking at my home on my 4th birthday party. that was my last birthday party LOL I'm disfellowshiped from the church and my sister and parents are not allowed to fellowship with me until i return. I can't go back...i just can't. The founder of their organization was a Judge...and his grave is under this Egyptian pyramid, he wrote a book a long time ago name..."then is finished the mystery of God" it was a purple book if I'm not mistaken. I think that the title is the freakiest thing i ever saw...scary. anyway here I am rambling on your blog...please forgive me.

((Hugs))
Thank you,
Kathy

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger benny said...

Jehovah's Witness is a cult and every time they have appeared at my door I have asked them to try another door. I do not even want to hear their spiel.
I have in my time seen many rascals. One shouldn't even waste time trying to teach them sense. Had they thought for once straight they would have sought any other occupations than playing second fiddle to Devil.
benny

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger Kathy Trejo said...

:) i agree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home