sufficient-unto-this-day

Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Least In The Kingdom

Jai Paramartha was once asked by the ruler of Mattupetti to call on him whenever he passed through his domain. The ruler had come to Kothipalli on this side of Godavari as a guest of the king who made much of the mystic. The visiting ruler was impressed. Hence his invitation.
Months later it so happened that Jai Paramartha was in Mattupetti and having some leisure he went to the palace but he was refused entry by the guard who took him for a beggar because his dress was so simple and had no airs that he was used to. “Your ruler has given a standing invitation, and here I am.” JP said, “Go tell your master that I am here.”
“I am certain he will never let you in.” After a while he added, “I serve my master like my father before me served his father and it goes as old as the royal family. So I know his mind, I know whom my master will let in and whom he will not.”
“What If your master for once changed his mind? “Asked the mystic. “Then it is time that I served some body who doesn’t change” was the reply.

benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home